“Begin the end in mind.”-Stephen Covey
If we want success, we should succeed first in our mind. If we want to partner with that client, we should first imagine unceasingly a closed partnership with that client. If we want to go to our dream place, we should fill our minds with the picture of that place. If we want to land that job, we should first sign the job offer in our mind.
But it is impossible to do these things, if in the first place, our mind is not conditioned and fit enough to carry and own these thoughts. I am currently reading a book by Brian Tracy entitled,“Advanced Selling Strategies.” The first few chapters of the book are dedicated to equip the mind for success before the actual closed sale. But I believe that Brian Tracy’s wisdom is applicable not only to business people, but also in every profession in every walk of life. Let me share to you the following questions that I asked myself as I read and contemplate the message of the book.
MENTAL FITNESS QUESTIONNAIRE
- What are the words you say and believe to yourself?
- How do you visualize yourself?
- What are you feeding your mind? Are you careful enough in choosing in what you will read, watch or listen to?
- Do you associate with the very best people you know?
- Do you aim for continuous learning? What are you doing to improve yourself?
- What are your health habits?
- Do you have a sense of urgency on your tasks or project? In scale of 1-10, what is the level of your enthusiasm towards your work?
Take time to answer these questions. If you feel that you are not mentally fit, now is the best time to train yourself every single day and start to see the end in your mind.